Tuesday, March 7th 2023 (10:00 AM – 6:15 PM)
Wednesday, March 8th 2023 (9:00 AM – 1:30 PM)
Thursday, March 9th 2023 (9:00 AM – 1:30 PM)
FCPI (FBA Certified Premises Installer)
Course for people who want to acquire knowledge in the installation of passive elements of FTTx optical access networks (subscriber premises), as well as the evaluation and main criteria for the choice of drop network elements and general tests for customer activation.
• Acquire theoretical/practical knowledge in installation of optical elements of the backhaul network.
• Understand the main tests for subscriber activation (optical layer, ETH, Wi-Fi).
• Train students for the FCPI certification exam of the FBA LATAM Chapter.
Target audience: Engineers, technologists, and technicians related to fiber optic communications systems (installation, maintenance, operation, quality personnel).
Methodology: Face-to-face or virtual (in partnership with authorized FBA academies).
Number of participants: minimum 10, maximum 50 (applies for face-to-face modality, subject to space availability).
Pre-requirements: FCFF Certification.
Course approval: Pass with a minimum grade of 70% (certificate of attendance will be issued).
Module 1: Overview of passive elements and criteria for selection for FTTx deployment.
• Fiber structure in optical cables (loose tube, tigth buffer, ribbon).
• Types of in-house optical cables.
• Types of drop optical cables.
• Flammability classes (LSZH, OFNG, OFNR, OFNP).
• Drop cable fittings.
Module 2: Installation of passive FTTx elements
- Optical drop cable laying (aerial, subway).
• Field optical connector assembly (mechanical and SOC).
• Optical rosette assembly.
• Module 2 lab practicals.
Module 3: Testing for subscriber activation
• Operation and configuration of Power Meter parameters.
• ETH and Wi-Fi generalities.
• Traffic and performance tests for ETH and Wi-Fi.
• Installation acceptance protocols.
• Module 3 laboratory practices.