José Miguel Poveda
Internet and Connectivity Product Manager at InterNexa with 13 years of experience in
Telecommunications and Interconnection projects.
+57 311 3024737
Electronic Engineer and Specialist in
Telecommunications, responsible of the
Connectivity Product Line at InterNexa, with
experience in Interconnections, Peering
Negotiation with ISP, OTTs, CDN, Transit Providers
and IXP. Deep market knowledge of the Internet
and Transport products in South America including
local Operators & ISP, IXP, Pricing and Local Market
scheme focus in Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru,
Chile, and Argentina.
Experience in Telecom projects from their design to
the final delivery, including relationship with
colleagues of different areas inside the company
(purchase, NOC, financial), third party Carriers,
Telco Rooms and Data Center providers.
I’m known for being a friendly person, responsible,
fast learning and passionate worker fully focused
Available to business travels and relocation.
Planning / Organizing
TRAINING / COURSES
- Course: Agile Management with SCRUM
- IPv6 Course Advance – LACNIC
- IPv6 Course Basic – LACNIC
- Introducción a la Gobernanza de Internet en
LAC – LACNIC
- Course: Architecting on AWS
- ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Certified
04/2019 – Ongoing
- Responsible for the strategy, profitability and lifecycle of the Internet and other related products in LATAM.
- Responsible for the peering/interconnection negotiations, CDN agreements and IXP strategy.
- Capacity planning for reach the company plans, analysis and optimization of the Internet product.
- Design and develop IP products according to marketing plan across South America.
- Following-up on the implementations of related projects with technical delivery teams and partners.
- Participate in peering/interconnections/wholesale events like LACNIC, NANOG, IX Forum, ITW, etc.
Responsible for maintaining relationships.
- Salesforce and Engineering team Training
01/2018 – 04/2019
- Responsible for the definition of Marketing Strategies, and for the preparation, execution and monitoring
of the Marketing Plan.
- Responsible for leading and structuring the prospecting, characterization and segmentation of
- Support and create the strategy and income plan of the company, ensuring the value offer to achieve the
income of the focus segments and supporting the International Commercial Team in reaching commercial
objectives with business to customer which are based outside Latin America.
- Salesforce training.
Carrier Relations Manager
04/2017 – 01/2018
- Responsible for the relationship, negotiation and contracting of data links and Internet at a regional level
with Carriers and ISPs in Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Venezuela, Bolivia, Paraguay,
Mexico, USA and Europe. Negotiation for local and regional links for the needs of their own backbone,
expansion and wholesale clients.
- Support in the design of regional solutions for a specific niche of clients in the company’s Wholesale /
Carriers sector and for international clients.
- Identify business opportunities and new suppliers & clients based on the company’s current network
infrastructure. Exploration of new markets and international suppliers that complement the network of
Ufinet and its companies and satisfy the current needs of the market where the company operates.
Business Development Engineer
04/2016 – 04/2017
- Technical design, Presales and Project Engineer for clients of the Business Development office.
- Support in negotiation, contracting and technical design of solutions for clients in the company’s Wholesale
/ Carriers market.• Direction in the construction and design of regional engineering for the enterprise areas of IFX at a regional
level, focusing on international links.
- Responsible of the relationship with local providers, ISPs and integrators that provide data services,
Ethernet, Wavelengths, SDH, Internet, Content, Peering throughout the region and with convergence in
- Identification of business opportunities and new suppliers & clients based on the company’s current
network infrastructure. Exploration of new markets and international suppliers that complement the IFX
- Identification of improvement opportunities and cost negotiations of the IFX Backbone Network.
Presales and Project Engineer for International Customer
09/2012 – 04/2016
- Technical support to regional and international clients, focusing on those who do not have a presence in
South America, for connection of services in Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Brazil and
- Project management in the implementation of the links contracted by the clients. Domain of regional
providers and local interconnections to the InterNexa network in each country.
- Responsible for technical design for Internet access and data connectivity solutions, propose alternatives
that adapt to the client’s needs and execute the implementation of the contracted services, as well as
provide after-sales support once the services are in operation.
- Relationship with international and regional clients and suppliers. Management of third parties and
evaluation of local service providers in South American countries.
- Support the commercial area in customer service and with projects to be developed from the negotiation
and pre-sale stage. Support and assistance in international telecommunications events such as ITW and
- Support the operations area and NOC in the attention of network events and services.
03/2009 – 08/2012
- Responsible for monitoring, diagnosis, fault attention and configuration in DWDM, SDH and PDH optical
networks; SDH and PDH radios, Switches and Routers, Passport, and Energy Sector Services regionally.
- End user, Operators and ISP support in connectivity problems
- Support for international customers in events of the network and services contracted to InterNexa.
Technical Support and Field Engineer
08/2008 – 02/2009
- Technical support to clients and the sales force on traditional products and new business of the company.
- Discussion with the manufacturer about new products, warranties and support.
- Field Engineer and support for customers of Motorola two-way radio products.